Thursday, March 28, 2013

one-hundred percent you.

I often feel like I don't have many "strong" opinions. I have my opinion and I know it's mine but I don't always vocalize it. I can be pretty go-with-the-flow in most circumstances and if people have strong ideas about a subject or about what we should do, I listen. If I get the opportunity to share my own side I do and if I don't, then I don't. 

Lately I've been feeling like there are so many strong opinions around me. So many people telling me what they think is right. Sometimes directly and sometimes indirectly. Whether its about how I should spend my money, what I should wear, what/who I should vote for, the right age to start a family, I realize I've allowed myself to absorb a lot of opinions without really understanding my own. 


Most recently I've allowed other people's ideas on family really shake me up. Last night I had this beautiful moment when I burst into happy tears and started declaring that I didn't agree with any of those people and I didn't care what they thought! :) I know who I am. I know who the Lord has made me to be and that is exactly who I will be. 

Take some quiet time to ask the Lord who He says you are. Hold those words close to your heart. You're always going to be surrounded by other people's opinions, just remember to keep who you are insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment