Friday, May 31, 2013

my poolside wish list

The weather has been so amazing here and I am thankful for every minute of it! I love summer because it holds so many memories. My family would always head down to Florida for a few weeks in the summer to enjoy the gulf coast and white sand. A bunch of my family would rent out beach houses and we'd have spaghetti dinners and late night swims at the pool. We'd celebrate all the July birthdays (me, my brother and my sister) and watch the Olympics while eating Klondike bars. It was always lots of fun :)

Summer in the east bay is a lot different (colder and rainier) but so far it's been good to us and I'm praying it stays that way! I mentioned before that we are moving into a new place this summer and one of the exciting features is the little community pool. I'm not into laying out for a tan (I'm pretty pale and try very hard to protect my little white self when outside) but I want to start reading by the pool and going for dips while the weathers nice. So naturally I've been seeking out some poolside necessities :)

FredFlare, $12


My mom would always have these kind of brown sunglasses with the leopardy? texture,
 I've been hoping to find a good pair. I find myself gravitating towards lots of things that remind me of my family recently. 
These pretty ones are from Forever21, less than $6. I love Forever21!

I've been pretty stuck on my heart sunglasses lately (I just love the smiles I get when I wear them :) but there's a pair I found a few weeks ago that I can't stop thinking about! The weird thing is, I don't totally remember what that wonderful pair of sunglasses look like (.. I'm weird) but I keep thinking about them. That must mean I like them... right?

Macy's, $106

My swimsuit drawer generally consists of just a few suits but this week 
I've been contemplating expanding my swimming horizons. 
I especially love this pretty one piece from Macy's.. I might have to go find it at the mall this weekend. 


Macy's, $88
Target, $25

And of course you need a good cover up/tee and a solid bag when planning for pool + beach visits. 
I use to love my terry-cloth-hoodie-cover up when I was little.. I'll have to keep looking for one of those :) 

Feather 4 Arrow on ScoutMob, $25

My mom always has really bright big beach bags and currently I have none! 
I'm in love with the yellow + blue combination but I'm wondering if I should try to make my own soon. 

jayciMay on Etsy, $40

FredFlare, $26

I hope the week's been going smoothly for everyone out there. 
I have a feel this is going to be a really wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment