Saturday, October 19, 2013

Life can feel so heavy sometimes. Lately I feel like I've been caught in this whirlwind of distractions.. Only looking at my own lists and agendas that I've stopped talking to the Lord. But then I'm so ready to complain about how I feel like He's not giving me the attention or love that He's promised. So I feel ignored and let myself feel hurt even though I know I've been ignoring Him. 



In the midst of all these feelings the Lord put on my heart to start a "sixty day challenge." He didn't give me a formula for the challenge. There's no reading plan or specific prayer time. I've tried to set up things like that before in the past and I always wind up feeling like a failure when I can't stick to it. So for the next sixty days I just want to be more aware of God's presence. Whether I ask Him where I left my car keys or just rant about work, I just want to be including Him in my day.

Tomorrow will be our first day (Stan's excited to take on the challenge with me). I'm interested in seeing where it goes and how we'll feel at the end of sixty days.. like I said I've never really stuck with any spiritual routine that long :P I hope to learn more about the Father's heart in these next two months.. to feel more fulfilled and loved than I ever have before.

                 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed.
- Jeremiah 29:13 MSG

Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 
- Jeremiah 29:13 AMP

Come close to God and He will come close to you.
- James 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment